Valentine's Day Ideas For The Elderly
While most people associate Valentine’s Day as the couples’ or lovers’ holiday, everyone can still celebrate and get in on the fun. It’s a great time to show all the people in your life love and affection.
And if you’re looking for some activities to share with the older adults in your life, we got a few you can pick and choose from:
- Create a festive environment at home. Christmas and Halloween aren’t the only holidays to decorate your house. Valentine’s Day is a great opportunity to put simple decorations together and hang up. Plus, it can get you in the holiday spirit!
- Celebrate with family and friends. Whether it is a small get-together or a dinner out, organize a gathering to bring all your loved ones together for a night of fun! You can even ask everyone to bring a small treat or Valentine’s Day cards for an exchange.
- Enjoy some Valentine-themed activities. This could range from a Bingo night with Valentine bingo sheets, a puzzle, coloring, etc. It’s a way to sit back, relax, and unwind with stress-free activities to get you in the Valentine’s Day mood.
- Make homemade treats to give out. Now who doesn’t enjoy a good snack—especially when it’s made with love! Take this opportunity to make some cookies, brownies, and easy desserts to give out to your family and friends for this holiday.
- Watch a romantic movie or romantic comedy. This could be for a relaxing night in for the two of you or with a group of friends. Have everyone bring a small snack and enjoy getting comfy as you enjoy the movie!
- Give back to the community. Whether you donate a few items to the local shelter or knit something for those in the hospital, this is a way to give back to those who truly need love and affection this holiday season.
Remember, Valentine’s Day isn’t just for all the couples out there. It’s about spending time with all the special people in your life and making every moment special!