Fun Fall Activities for Seniors
With the drop in temperature and turning of leaves, fall is officially here! Autumn brings with it all of those cozy cool-weather perks, such as soft knitted sweaters, hot spiced cider, and frost-filled mornings. If you’re struggling to come up with fun and festive activities to do, check out some of the ideas below to enjoy the very best this season has to offer.
- Grab a crayon and color. Adult coloring has been shown to reduce stress, especially for those who aren’t comfortable expressing themselves creatively. Click here to find some fun printouts!
- Get to cookin’! Can’t get enough of everyone’s favorite fall flavor? It’s okay to be a little basic every now and then. Head to the kitchen and whip up an easy treat like this No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake.
- Find a scarf and head outside. Before it gets too cold outside, bundle up and take the time to enjoy the crisp autumn air. Trying to decide what to do? Try apple picking, the pumpkin patch, fall festivals or a nice walk through the park.
- Work on an autumnal jigsaw puzzle. When it becomes a little too cold to be outside, curl up in something soft and comfy, and work on a festive puzzle while enjoying your favorite hot beverage.
- Root, root, root for the home team. If you love football, fall is synonymous with this season. Pop some corn, gather your favorites around the couch and cheer for your local favorites!